I am so sorry to all of you that actually read our blog to see updates in our baby making process. We took a couple of months off, starting in May. The end of May, I got really sick and had an awful pain in my side. Shaylor decided at midnight to take me to the ER. Those of you who know me, know that I DO NOT go to the doctor, so I reluctant to go. In the end, I am so glad he made me. I had to get my appendix out and we made it just before it ruptured. So that put a little damper in our time off because of the recovery time. We were forced to take time off.
In July, Shaylor and I prayed and talked about what we wanted to do. We decided with it being the summer that we would take our next step which was for us to do an IUI, which is simply artificial insemination. The first month we did it, I only had one mature follicle, the nurse tried to keep us positive by telling us you only need one. Well, that one didn't take. When we went in for a sonogram, they found a cyst on my ovaries. They think my follicle never released. So, in August we tried again. This time we had 3 mature follicles. We felt pretty confident, the doctor and nurse, that if this was going to work, it would be in August. Well, guess what, it didn't. We were devastated. Shaylor and I sat down again and just talked about what we wanted to do. It was nice in the summer to do the IUIs. I had to go to the doctor about 6 times in the month for monitoring and measuring and whatever else we needed. With school starting back up, I just told Shaylor I don't see how I am going to be able to go that much, so we decided to put things back on hold.
At this point, we were both so discouraged. We started looking into adoption and maybe some of our other options. We had an appointment with the doctor to discuss what her plan was for us. So, in the doctor world, she wants to do a scope and go in surgically with cameras and check for scar tissue, endometriosis on the inside of my ovaries (they have already checked the outside), clean my tubes AGAIN, and just have a closer look at what might be stopping my eggs from releasing.
She gave me hope again. I was ready to throw in the towel and be done, but not now. We aren't going to make any decisions right now as to what we are going to do. Shaylor and I are going to sit down in January and talk again about what we want to do.
I never thought having a baby would ever be this hard. It has been such a long hard battle. I know when God finally does bless us with a child, it will mean that much more to us because of all the struggles we have faced.
Please continue to pray for us. Even though we are taking a "break", it's not really a break.
After Half Term Chaos
1 month ago