Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Count Your Blessings One by One

If you read my last post, you know that I was having a pretty hard time with everything. I cried Friday felt sorry for myself and Shaylor. I was angry that God is putting us through this, and I didn't understand why. I just felt defeated, that's the only way to describe it. No words of encouragement could have changed me. People who have not gone through this will never truly understand what it feels like.

Saturday was a new day. Shaylor ended up working over night on Friday, and when he got home Saturday, he woke me up and wanted to go to breakfast. I really didn't want to, I just wanted to lay in bed, but I got up and we headed off. We talked some about what was going on in our lives, etc. It was a nice escape from the heartache I had been feeling. I took Shaylor back home and headed to the doctor. She really is awesome that she gives up her Saturday mornings to help the patients with infertility. We talked for awhile, she did the sonogram everything looks good. She even said my body tried really hard to get pregnant. That was like music to my ears. I left the doctor's and had a new sense of hope. My body has changed and hopefully it will be our time. Shaylor finally got up and we spent the rest of the day together and looking towards a new direction for us.

Sunday came around and Shaylor was actually off so we decided to go to church. We had been going to this one church since we both moved down here. We really liked it, but for some reason, which I learned later we went to a different church. It was such an amazing experience. The sermon was on being discontent and about how we desire so many things in life instead of being thankful for what we had. I cried the whole church service just thinking about how all I have wanted is a baby and have forgotten about everything else. The preacher referred to a hymn that is now what I say to myself everyday to remind me of the blessings in my life.

Count your blessings
Name them one by one;
Count your many blessings
See what God hath done

No comments: