Friday, April 16, 2010

So the Cycle Begins

Here is our little story of the last couple of days. We were on a roller coaster ride, that's for sure. My period was a couple of days late, and I am not going to lie Shaylor and I were a little excited and hopeful. So, after going back and forth all day yesterday, I decided to stop and get a test on my way home. Shaylor wasn't going to be home until 5 so I thought perfect, if it comes out positive I have some time I can do something exciting to tell him we are pregnant. So, I get home and pee on the stick, nothing happens. No lines show up, NOTHING. I had a faulty test. I was so frustrated that of course that would happen to me. Shaylor gets home from work and says, "Lets go buy a test." I told him I already did and showed it to him, he just laughed. I just knew that was a sign that I shouldn't have done it. So, this morning lo and behold Aunt Flo showed up. To the doctor I go tomorrow.

I was pretty down last night. I just feel that I am failing my husband. I can't give him the one thing that he deserves more than anything in the world. It has been a hard battle internally for me. He reassures me that he doesn't feel that way, and that he is just blessed to have me as his wife.

We are going to give it the 6 months that the doctor said to give it, and just hope and pray that something will happen. It is in God's hands, and He will bless us with a child one way or another. I just pray for strength to make it through these next few months.

1 comment:

Angela Vaughn said...

Reading your story has been like deja vu. My husband and I are at the 18 month of trying to have a baby. I understand the roller coaster ride of emotions that you are feeling. I will be praying for you and your husband.