Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Accomplished???

To me, YES!!!!!

Shaylor has a crazy work schedule, and Kysen and I have had to adjust. It was hard having him home for 2 weeks after Kysen was born and then him going back to work. Shaylor usually handled the late night feedings, etc. Well when he went back to work some nights it was just me. I know from previous posts I have told you how he worked over night. We have a little boy that is a night owl. I try to put him to bed at 9 and it doesn't work. On Wednesdays Shaylor works until at least 1 am. Most of the other nights during the week he is home and gives Kysen his last bottle usually around midnight then puts him to bed. Every time I try Kysen just cries and cries and cries. It gets so frustrating, but I guess I don't have the touch that Shaylor has. I must not swaddle him right, or give him the right kisses, or say the right thing, but only at night. During the day we have no problems and he goes right to sleep. Shaylor has come home many times to me crying because I don't know what else to deal and I feel like a failure as a mother since I can't even put my child to sleep. I am trying to do what they say in Baby Wise, but it's hard.

I am sure you keep asking yourself how do you feel accomplished? I have been dreading tonight all day. I didn't want Shaylor to go to work, and leave me tonight. My good friend Nicci came over to keep me company and she and her daughter played with Kysen to give me a little break. Well then they left and I didn't know what was going to happen. So, at 9:30 I gave Kysen his bottle, and then put him in his crib at 10:00. HE DIDN'T CRY!!!!!! He went right to sleep and has been for an hour and a half. To some of you this may not be a big deal, but to me it is HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! He may wake up any minute and I would be OK with that, knowing that I can get him to go back to sleep. What a great feeling!

No comments: